Safe Work Method Statement
How to complete this safe work method statement
1) Adjust all details on the front page
2) Consult with the workers who are going to use this SWMS and make the necessary adjustments
3) “Risk Assessment Hazard Identification” - Inspect the site, identify the hazards that may be present and add to this SWMS
4) Job Steps- List the job steps in sequence of tasks required to carry out the work
5) Hazard Identification- List the potential hazards associated with each Job Step
6) Initial Risk- Using the “Risk Table”, rate the identified risks.
7) Control Measures Implemented- List the controls you will implement to reduce the risks to the lowest possible level
8) Revised Risk- Using the “Risk Table”, rate the level of risk once the controls have been implemented. If the revised risk rating is still 1, 2 or 3 do not start work until better control measures are implemented and the revised risk rating is 4, 5 or 6.
9) Person Responsible- List the name or position of the person or persons responsible for ensuring the controls are implemented
10) Ensure this safe work method statement is reviewed and revised if relevant control measures are revised.
Respirator or Dust mask
Erect Access Scaffolding
Fall Arrest systems
UV protection clothing
Hand Protection - Gloves
Erect Warning Signs
Full Face Shield
Sun Screen 30+
High Visibility Vest
Welding Face Shield
Broad Brim Hat